Trees and shrubs, although beautiful, often invade man-made structures with their roots. Root Barrier acts as a continuous, physical barrier to minimise the damaging effects of tree roots to pavements, foundations, driveways, roads and pipes.
Our Root Barrier is tough, flexible and virtually indestructible – it will never rot, rust, splinter or crack. Plus it’s made in Australia from over 90+% Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) plastic which is more resistant to brittleness and Environmental Stress Cracking than those made from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).
It is suitable for use as a barrier to a wide range of roots including: grass, mint, bamboo, monkey grass, palm trees, weeping willow, bermuda grass, knotweed, raspberries, ficus and pine trees.
GreenMongrel Root Barrier is:
- A solid 1.3mm thick product (not a thin sheet, embossed to make it appear thicker)
- Made from over 90+% LDPE blended recycled plastic for improved resistance to Environmental Stress Cracking compared with HDPE
- “.. lower density polymers offer better resistance to ESC (Enviromental Stress Cracking)” than HDPE. See link to paper below.
- Lightweight and flexible
- UV stabilised and waterproof
- Tough and durable – will not rot, rust or crack
- An impermeable barrier against moisture loss
- Fungus and bacteria resistant
- Australian made
- Easy to install
- For big jobs an automatic trencher may be used ( for example, visit geotrencher.com.au )
- Colour: Black
Root Barrier is available in standard sizes:
- 600mm x 10m
- 600mm x 30m
Disclaimer: This product is designed as a barrier to tree roots. However, due to variations in tree species, soil and site conditions, Plastic Forests takes no responsibility for liabilities caused by root growth or the use of this product.
If you have any further questions about Green Mongrel Root Barrier please CONTACT US HERE.
The pricing in the drop down box excludes any delivery fees, which are added according to your location.